Please note: I am not currently accepting new clients under the age of 15.
Are you concerned about your child or teen?
Do you feel the stress and pressure of parenting?
Do you and your teen argue frequently?
Would you like to improve family relationships?
Would you like to have more peace in your home?
I can help! Family therapy or parenting training can help you create the family you've always wanted. In addition to my training and experience in counseling and family therapy, I have two children - a son and a daughter - who are now young adults, so I know what it's like from your side of things! You and your kid can make it through the tough teen years with a good, intact relationship! I offer parenting sessions to help you find new techniques and strategies. Often, just tweaking a few things here and there can make a big difference in your family life.
How do you know if your child or teen needs counseling?
Adolescence is a time of upheaval and a great deal of physical, mental and emotional change. Most teens and children go through various stages of adjustment. These are normal, and will likely resolve as they learn and experience life and its challenges. With your continued guidance and some professional support with parenting issues, you can help your child get through this rough time. However, there are several concerning factors that you should be aware of. If your child exhibits any of the behaviors listed below, contact professional help as soon as possible.
- Frequent acting out behavior, such as temper outbursts, or creating scenes for attention.
- Significant drop in grades.
- Problems in school with staying focused, disrespectful behavior, or peer conflict.
- Severe mood swings.
- Major changes in eating or sleeping habits.
- Has begun to withdraw from friends or has difficulty making friends.
- Makes comments such as "I should have never been born" or "I don't want to live anymore."
- Cuts, scratches, or burns him/her self.
- Is the victim or perpetrator of bullying.
- Extremely irritable, anxious or complains of high stress.
- You believe your child may have been physically, emotionally, or sexually abused.
- You suspect your child may be using drugs or alcohol
If your child is showing any of the above signs, please call today: 678-209-1348. Don't wait for the problem to resolve itself. If your child could fix the problem by him/her self, he already would have. No one wants to live in pain.
Even children who do not have significant behavioral or emotional problems can benefit from therapy if he or she is just going through a rough time. Consider how talking things through with a trained, compassionate, and nonjudgmental therapist can help. Or call if you just need to talk. I do care.
Marriage Counselor Snellville GA
Teen out of Control? Click Here!